luni, 24 martie 2014


Dear Reader,

      It's been quite a long time since I haven't written a letter in English. It was Andrzej's mail that reminded me of this, so I thought why not leave a few words here until sending the envelope for Poland?
     Dear You, please do not follow my example! Please read! Actively, voraciously, quietly, at a slower or faster pace... in whatever way that suits your personality. But READ! Read every day! Please don't follow my example; I am being confronted to the hardest period in my "career" of student of letters. Never before has it happened to me not to be able to finish books/ assignments in due time and then go to seminars with only half of the novel read. Today Pip's story of Great Expectations was revealed to my ears (regardless my silent reluctance to know it before finishing the novel), not to mention last Thursday's experience with La peste. Beloved for Wednesday's presentation is still unfinished and Mrs. Woolf  has already been waiting for me for months...
      Dear You, please be diligent. Or cunning. Read books before! Just don't leave others come and spoil the story!

Read for your own! Read every day!
                                 ...then write me a nice letter about your reading.

Best wishes,
 G.