sâmbătă, 29 octombrie 2011

the advantage of having a bicycle and sending letters




On summer evenings, I used to take my bicycle and run away in the middle of quietude. One day, I met two  guys who seemed to be walking aimlessly, but who were glad to find out that the girl in the stripped T-shirt  spoke English. Sometimes, a few words can make magic. They told me they wanted to climb the Făgăraș Mountains and were looking for a safe place for their car, so I offered to help. After coming back, in Sibiu, they gave me their addresses, in case I ever wanted to go in Warsaw or Gdansk.

When ”Autumn” sent them the letters she thought: "Well, it doesn't matter if they get them or not. I've written, so I'll just leave the rest in the hands of the red box. They might think I am crazy, but there's also the possibility of bringing a shed of happiness on their faces."

"Guess what! You received an envelope from Poland and there's something in it, but I think ít's broken."
To my surprise, the second alternative was the right one. So, what did they say? "I haven't seen a written, sent-by-post letter for a long time. You don't see them a lot nowadays.". In fact, nothing was broken in the bubbled envelope. They've sent me photos (from their Romanian trip and from Poland, too) and a colourful novel by Kapuscinski, "The Shadow of the Sun- My African Life", which I am so eager to start ( though I guess it won't happen as soon as I would like to).
...










© Andrzej


Thank you, A. & P.